Swing Bed Program/Rehabilitation
The Swing Bed Program provides temporary care for patients recovering from an accident, illness, or surgery with skilled nursing and rehabilitation services. Our swing bed program is designed to assist patients of all ages to recover in a safe, professional, and nurturing environment. Patient goals are reviewed daily and discussed weekly in meetings with patients and their families to efficiently and effectively meet recovery objectives.
Whether you need five days or five weeks of recovery time, Palacios Community Medical Center has a dedicated, experienced and compassionate staff ready to help you get back home. Our goal is to help patients become stronger and independent so they can go home or to a home-like setting and successfully care for themselves safely.
- One-on-one physical, occupational, and speech therapy
- Rehabilitation services such as that following strokes and hip/joint replacement
- Skilled nursing care following a hospital stay
- IV therapy or medications requiring monitoring by professional staff
- Strengthening / recuperation for pneumonia, stroke and other debilitating illnesses Wound care
- Palliative / hospice care
- Dietary and education services
- Home safety evaluation prior to discharge
- Three-day (consecutive) acute level of care stay within the past 30 days
- Physician referral for necessary daily skilled service related to hospitalization
We Accept Patient Transfers from Other Texas Hospitals
How Swing Bed Services Are Paid For
Swing Bed services are reimbursed by Medicare, Medicare Advantage Plans, private pay and some private insurance plans.
Medicare typically covers 100% of the covered cost for the first 20 days. Medicare will then pay 80% of the covered cost for the next 80 days. The remaining 20% is due from the patient or supplemental insurance.
Palacios, TX 77465
Palacios Medical Clinic
311 Green Ave
Palacios, Texas 77465